NEBOSH Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety.
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. It focuses on international standards and management systems, highlighting the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore. The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate is suitable for those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day-to-day duties, including:
• Managers, supervisors and employee representatives within the oil and gas industry.
• Newly appointed health and safety advisers.
• Health and safety practitioners or consultants who want specialist knowledge in the Oil and Gas industry.
Those undertaking this certificate should have a good understanding of safety issues which can be from experience or having studied one of NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications.
What you will study?
Unit IOG1: Management of International Oil and Gas Operational Safety
1. Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Context.
Learning from incidents
Hazards inherent in oil and gas
An organisation’s documented evidence
Risk Management Techniques used in the oil and gas industries
2. Hydrocarbon Process Safety 1
Process Safety Management (PSM)
Key principles to safe shift handover
Plant operations and maintenance
Start up and shut down
Fire and explosion in the oil and gas industries
3. Hydrocarbon Process Safety 2
Other types of failures
Safety critical equipment controls
Furnace and boiler operations
Safe storage of hydrocarbons
Fire hazards, risks and controls
4. Fire Protection and Emergency Response
Recommended hours of study: 55 hours